[SysInfo API] : Comments on the terminology used

[SysInfo API] : Comments on the terminology used

JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA

Dear all,

After a careful review of the current System information API [1] I'm a bit concerned on the terminology used on such a document. You are using the term 'property' to refer to what we call 'Aspect' on the DDR Simple API [2]. As these are W3C specifications it would be desired to maintain some kind of consistency in the terminology used accross specifications.

I think this is something related to the fact that we need a common terminology and meta-model for the platform information for a delivery context. That's something might be done on a future simplification and refactoring we are thinking for the DCO, but for the moment I would be confortable if we at least have some kind of consistency between the DDR Simple API and the SysInfo API.

best

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/system-info-api/

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-DDR-Simple-API-20081205/