Special TeX/LaTeX fonts in MathML (calligraphy vs. script)

Special TeX/LaTeX fonts in MathML (calligraphy vs. script)

David Starbuck
Hi,
We have quite a few authors who compose their papers in LaTeX with the AMS font packages. They are also very fussy about how their math is displayed. We've had issue with trying to convert their LaTeX to XML with MathML and have been unable to address the issue of calligraphy vs script. The software our vendor uses to convert the LaTeX takes the \cal or \mathcal and converts it to a script character entity (for example 𝒜). This doesn't sit well with the authors as there have been a number of instances where they use both \cal and \scr within the same paper.

Is there a solution for this. We know that MathJax can handle it in their LaTeX to their own internal ML, but we're hoping that a solution exists to render natively in the  browser.

David Starbuck
Programmer/System Analyst
IEEE Publications
[hidden email]