Some problem in using SMIL2.0 Linking Modules/ a Element/ target attribute

Some problem in using SMIL2.0 Linking Modules/ a Element/ target attribute

hhwolf76
I just visited the www.w3.org, in the webpage
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20050107/extended-linking.html#adef-target

There is statement like this

Example 1

This examples shows the use of the target and accesskey attributes. The upper half of the display shows an image. If the user clicks on the image, a SMIL presentation is played in the lower half of the display. The same thing happens if the user hits the 'a' key.

<smil xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language">
  <head>
    <layout>
      <region id="source"      height="50%"/>
      <region id="destination" top="50%"/>
    </layout>
 </head>

</smil>

I have tried this attribute in my own SMIL file, and found it doesn't work.
I am using RealPlayer V10.5 to running SMIL file.

Can some one tell me why I can't use this attribute even the file is from w3.org?

Thank you very much!