Soap Serialization and Deserialization Rules for C++ Object

Soap Serialization and Deserialization Rules for C++ Object

Matteo Betti
Hi,
This is my First time i'm writing in a mailing list and i apologize first for my english and second if i'll make wrong questions.

I recently started to study  the SOAP 1.2 recommendations (Part 0, Part 1 and Part 2). I'd need to know something about "Soap Serialization and Deserialization Rules for C++ Object", but in the recommendations i can't find anything that help me.
Probably because i do not look good.
Could you direct me to the right specifications that may be useful for my intent?

Thanks

Best Regard

Matteo Betti

Re: Soap Serialization and Deserialization Rules for C++ Object

Christopher B Ferris
Matteo,

All questions are valid ones and welcomed here;-)

As to yours, the SOAP specifications are intended to be programming language and platform neutral. You won't find
a specific specification for C++; though there are an abundance of implementations in just about any
programming language you choose.

At this stage of adoption, it shouldn't be necessary to devise your own serialization and deserialization. You should be able
to avail yourself of the many vendor or open source implementations [3]. For C++, you might have a look at gSOAP [1] or
Apache Axis for C++ [2].

[1] http://gsoap2.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/download.html
[3] http://goo.gl/LCN9H

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Industry and Cloud Standards
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group, Standards Strategy
email: [hidden email]
Twitter: christo4ferris