Setting PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX using WebDav

Setting PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX using WebDav

nitrogin
Hi all,

I'm trying to do a seemingly simple task of setting the PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX  (PidTagConversationIndex) on my item before I send my email out. However, due to my environment and other issues, this is becoming a pretty tough task. Our application is written in completely in Java and we use the Apache Jakarta Slide library to make WebDav requests and essentially, that's how we communicate with exchange. Now Jakarta Slide has a very restrictive method signature for the proppatch method such that it requires that the value of the MAPI property you're setting must be a string. This works OK for MAPI properties like PR_COVERSATION_TOPIC but for PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX this doesn't quite fly since that property is of type PT_BINARY. Can anyone help out and let me know of a way to tackle this issue?

One alternative that I was considering was to use Exchange Web Services (EWS). Does anyone know if the same end can be achieved by using EWS? And if so, how should I go about it?

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nitin

Re: Setting PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX using WebDav

Julian Reschke
Hi Nitin,

this is really the wrong mailing list -- it's about the WebDAV SEARCH
specification.

I guess what you need is a support forum for Microsoft Exchange.

BR, Julian