Screen Refresh

JAMES MARSHALL
I'm creating a simple html file containing the text of a book with no images, tables, or anything else to complicate matters.  When I make changes, especially in the lower half of the editing window, the display does not refresh properly but is left garbled until I do some scrolling to force a refresh.  Are there settings to address this?

I am using 11.4.4 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).

Re: Screen Refresh

Lucinda DeWitt
I seem to remember a recommendation to use the older 11.3.1 on Intel
macs to avoid the screen flickering and refresh problems. (You might
check the archives from May 11-14, 2011 for more details.  I believe the
thread was titled "Flickering display on Mac OS X Intel")
I'm using 11.4.4 on Snow Leopard and have found a few idiosyncratic
workarounds (using view source and frequently refreshing and saving the
page), but it is definitely annoying.

--
Lucinda DeWitt
2021 East 34th Street

Re: Screen Refresh

JAMES MARSHALL

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:47 AM, Lucinda DeWitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> a recommendation to use the older 11.3.1 on Intel macs to avoid the screen flickering and refresh problems.

Alas, that earlier version has the same problem here.  Thanks all the same!