Saving a file name with a slash creates another folder

Saving a file name with a slash creates another folder

Alma Hunt
Consider this example:
1. Create a new file with the name Create a User/Subscriber Profile.
2. Navigate to the File menu and click Save as.

After you save, go to the saved location. You will see a new folder "Create a User" and the file that was actually saved as "Create a User/Subscriber Profile" is now saved with the name "Subscriber Profile.html".

Could anybody please explain me why Amaya is behaving this way?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Saving a file name with a slash creates another folder

Lucinda DeWitt
Alma,
The simplest explanation can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename
See the section on reserved characters or words.

Basically, most systems (and many people) see "/" as a path separator,
thus it shouldn't be part of a filename.

Hope this helps.
Lucinda

--
Lucinda DeWitt
DeWitt DeConstruction
lucindadewitt.com

Re: Saving a file name with a slash creates another folder / should be included in Bugzilla – Bug List

Jörg Kohne-2
Hello Helma,

>  Create a User/Subscriber Profile
>  Consider this example:
>  1. Create a new file with the name Create a User/Subscriber Profile.
>  2. Navigate to the File menu and click Save as.
>
>  After you save, go to the saved location. You will see a new folder "Create
>  a User" and the file that was actually saved as "Create a User/Subscriber
>  Profile" is now saved with the name "Subscriber Profile.html".

Don't know your OS, but I can confirm this on Windows XP Pro/SP3 and
Vista Home Premium/SP2.

@Amaya-Team: Amaya should display an error message:
    "Create a User/Subscriber Profile<br />
     The file name is not valid.
<Ok>"

At the same operation, but with a backslash creates
"%USERPROFILE%\Create a User\Create a User\Subscriber Profile" without
confirmation dialog. And without the extension!

@Amaya-Team: Amaya should display an error message:
   "%USERPROFILE%\Create a User\Subscriber Profile.html <br />
     Path does not exist. <br />
     Check the path and try again.
<Ok>"

>  Could anybody please explain me why Amaya is behaving this way?

Think it's a bug and SHOULD be included in Bugzilla/Bug List... (see Bug
Tracking Service <http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Bugs.html>)

Greetings, Jörg