SOAP Modules (WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts)

SOAP Modules (WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts)

twolff

Now that support for features and properties has been removed, support for SOAP
modules should also be removed, or at least flagged as an at-risk feature.

RE: SOAP Modules (WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts)

Jonathan Marsh-2

The Working Group did consider this fully when features and properties were removed, but felt that there still was utility in supporting SOAP 1.2 functionality including modules even without a larger f&p framework.

As the final vote for moving WSDL 2.0 to Recommendation status closed yesterday, and the Working Group charter expires at the end of the mongth, I'm afraid we won't be able to revisit this decision in light of your comment.

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com - http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com

Philippe Le Hegaret

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:23 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> Now that support for features and properties has been removed, support for SOAP
> modules should also be removed, or at least flagged as an at-risk feature.

1. SOAP modules are part of the SOAP 1.2 recommendation, so if we want
to provide a full support for SOAP 1.2, we should have the SOAP modules
as well.

2. We tested this part a long time and reached the CR exit criteria for
that, so we know it isn't at-risk.

3. the CR phase is long gone and this request is wait too late in the
process for us to even consider.

Philippe