Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type application/widget

Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type application/widget

Philippe Le Hegaret
Dear IESG participants,

This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
type "application/widget", as described in an appendix of "Widget
Packaging and Configuration":

 http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#media-type-registration-for-applicationw

This message follows the procedure described in the Media Type
Specifications and Registration Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG
Approval" [1]. The proposed media type were sent for preliminary
community review on October 28, 2008:

 http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2009-October/002275.html

No comments were received during the review period.

We believe the media type is now ready for IESG approval.

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt

--
Philippe Le H├ęgaret, W3C Interaction Domain Leader
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

Re: Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type application/widget

Alexey Melnikov
Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

>Dear IESG participants,
>
>This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
>type "application/widget", as described in an appendix of "Widget
>Packaging and Configuration":
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#media-type-registration-for-applicationw
>
>This message follows the procedure described in the Media Type
>Specifications and Registration Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG
>Approval" [1]. The proposed media type were sent for preliminary
>community review on October 28, 2008:
>
> http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2009-October/002275.html

Ok, this is also for IESG review on March 4th.

>No comments were received during the review period.
>
>We believe the media type is now ready for IESG approval.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Philippe
>
>[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt

--
IETF Application Area Director, <http://www.ietf.org/IESGmems.html>
Internet Messaging Team Lead, <http://www.isode.com>

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

>Dear IESG participants,
>
>This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
>type "application/widget", as described in an appendix of "Widget
>Packaging and Configuration":
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#media-type-registration-for-applicationw
>
>This message follows the procedure described in the Media Type
>Specifications and Registration Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG
>Approval" [1]. The proposed media type were sent for preliminary
>community review on October 28, 2008:
>
> http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2009-October/002275.html
>
>No comments were received during the review period.
>
>We believe the media type is now ready for IESG approval.

This was approved by IESG today. An official announcement should be sent
out early next week.