Request for offline resolution: Moving SVG 2 to CR
At last week's telcon, those present (Amelia, Doug, Nikos, Takagi-san, & Tav) resolved  to publish the Candidate Recommendation of SVG 2, pending resolution of the following issues, which will be completed over the next few days:
* Related to PR 206 - use element rewrite, which will be merged
* Make x,y,width, and height on the use element presentation attributes
* Remove statement recommending that referenced elements go in defs
* Define use element so that conditional processing does not stop creation of shadow tree or loading of external resources (may go in general section)
* Make width and height on use not be copied to foreignObject referenced element
* Add note outlining potential performance impact of shadow dom element linking to source document
* Add extra example for style inheritance
* Remove transform attribute from elements treated as inline elements (tspan & textPath)
* Define conditional processing to be conditional display
* Define interaction of markerUnits="strokeWidth" and non-scaling-stroke
* Allow percentages in fill-opacity, stroke-opacity, & stop-opacity, to match CSS WG changes
* Add restrictions / warnings about invalid `id` values
* Update getNumberOfChars() definition
I’m now asking the wider group to approve this resolution.
Please reply to this message with your support or otherwise.
If I don’t hear any dissenters by the time of the next telcon, the resolution will pass and I’ll start the publication process.
1. https://www.w3.org/2016/07/21-svg-minutes.html#resolution04 The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.