Reply to "[Comment on ITS WD] Attributes missing?"

Reply to "[Comment on ITS WD] Attributes missing?"

Felix Sasaki

Hello i18n core,

This is a reply to your comment at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2006Jul/0041.html :
[[
"The following list summarizes elements and attributes to be used locally:"
The list only shows elements and the attributes that can be associated
with them. What about attributes such as its:translate, which can appear
locally?"
]]

The working group has accepted the comment and implemented it at
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#its-markup-summary
.

Please tell as if you are satisfied with our resolution.

Regards,

Felix

RE: Reply to "[Comment on ITS WD] Attributes missing?"

r12a

I think the edited text doesn't reflect what I was expecting, after our
discussions.

The current text now lists elements that can appear locally along with a
sublist of the attributes that each element supports.

The request as I understood it was to list, in addition to the elements that
can appear locally, the attributes that can appear locally on any element
etc. )

I think you have that list (repeated 5 times over) already in the text.

I would suggest you have a single set of bullet points that includes the
names of elements and also the attributes. Eg.

- <span> ....
- <rb> ....
- <ruby> ...
- translate ....
- locNote ...
- locNoteType ...

and mention briefly that the elements mentioned can carry all the attributes
listed themselves.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead