Quantcast

RelPayment Under Draft Specification in Microformats

Threaded

RelPayment Under Draft Specification in Microformats

Baloydi Lloydi
Hello,

I read about this document about W3’s support on Microformats:
http://www.w3.org/2007/07dc-lhr/mf-xmlsum.pdf

I am Baloydi from Asknoypi, I am writing this email because I wanted to
know your insights about the approval of RelPayment microformat under
Draft Specifications - http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-payment.
RelPayment should be add on to
http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-rel-values

There is also an issue about its implementation here:
http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-payment-issues

This has also being mentioned on the following web documents:
https://goo.gl/Mrcqee
https://goo.gl/7KAKKV
https://goo.gl/Lpbfxe
https://goo.gl/h2MnGW

Why I think this is important?
Google penalizes web pages that frequently use affiliate links due to
potential misleading information and poor user experience. So what most
affiliate marketers do is implement “link cloaking” – disallow certain
access site folder from search engines, add rel=”nofollow”, and do 301
redirect if search engine tries to access the restricted folder full of
affiliate links.

This problem still exists today, and I believe RelPayment can solve this
issue. So instead of cloaking affiliated links, why not put a RelPayment
tag on <a href> and use the normal affiliate link? This will basically
tell the users and search engines that you are referring them to a
payment page or donation page. So what I am trying to say it that
RelPayment can tell search engines that it’s an affiliated link without
you cloaking and adding nofollow tag.

RelPayment can also tell search engines not to pass pagerank or link
juice to the affiliated page without using nofollow.

But of course Search Engines like Google, Bing, Yandex and Baidu should
also support RelPayment.

Finally, I’d like the input from the World Wide Web Consortium community
about this idea, and what are the possibilities that it can be accepted
by Microformats, Search Engines and W3 standards.

Thank you.

Yours Truly,

-Baloydi Lloydi

w: https://asknoypi.com/