Regarding XQuery

Sunil Sharma
Hi

How can I extract information from pages developed in asp, jsp using cookies and sessions?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sunil

Re: Regarding XQuery

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Sunil Sharma wrote:
>How can I extract information from pages developed in asp, jsp using cookies
>and sessions?

Well, what you need to understand is that HTML Tidy operates on HTML-
like input documents and transforms them, if you wish, to X(HT)ML. You
can use this output to extract "information" using XQuery, XPath, XSLT,
whatever; use `tidy -asxml` to do this. That's about all I can tell you,
at least on this list. If you are concerned with scraping web sites that
depend on cookies, javascript, etc. Tidy is not the right tool for you,
the Perl frameworks WWW::Mechanize or Win32::IE::Mechanize would be more
appropriate for this. These are offtopic on html-tidy, however.
--
Bj?rn H?hrmann ? mailto:[hidden email] ? http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Weinh. Str. 22 ? Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 ? http://www.bjoernsworld.de