ReSpec configuration defaulting

Cameron McCormack-4
Hi.  I’m trying out ReSpec.  There are lines like this in
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/js/respec.js:

  if (!cfg.inlineCSS) cfg.inlineCSS = true;

Shouldn’t these be something like:

  if (cfg.inlineCSS !== undefined) cfg.inlineCSS = true;

?  It’s preventing me from setting inlineCSS to false. :)

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Re: ReSpec configuration defaulting

Robin Berjon-2
Hi Cam,

On Oct 18, 2010, at 08:34 , Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Hi.  I’m trying out ReSpec.  There are lines like this in
> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/js/respec.js:
>
>  if (!cfg.inlineCSS) cfg.inlineCSS = true;
>
> Shouldn’t these be something like:
>
>  if (cfg.inlineCSS !== undefined) cfg.inlineCSS = true;
>
> ?  It’s preventing me from setting inlineCSS to false. :)

Yes, that's a (blatant) bug! Feel free to fix it straight in CVS (you have access), otherwise I will get to it later today.

Note though that you can't publish to /TR/ while pointing to stylesheets in dev.w3 so this often needs to be turned on for release drafts (which is why I suspect no one noticed the bug before).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Re: ReSpec configuration defaulting

Cameron McCormack-4
Robin Berjon:
> Yes, that's a (blatant) bug! Feel free to fix it straight in CVS (you
> have access), otherwise I will get to it later today.

OK, fixed.

> Note though that you can't publish to /TR/ while pointing to
> stylesheets in dev.w3 so this often needs to be turned on for release
> drafts (which is why I suspect no one noticed the bug before).

I just wanted to turn off inlineCSS because while editing my document
locally, it wanted to do an XHR to get the CSS to include, and that was
failing.

On Oct 19, 2010, at 00:07 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
>> Note though that you can't publish to /TR/ while pointing to
>> stylesheets in dev.w3 so this often needs to be turned on for release
>> drafts (which is why I suspect no one noticed the bug before).
>
> I just wanted to turn off inlineCSS because while editing my document
> locally, it wanted to do an XHR to get the CSS to include, and that was
> failing.

Normally that fails silently and reverts to using a reference. Were you seeing errors?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Re: ReSpec configuration defaulting

Cameron McCormack-4
Robin Berjon:
> Normally that fails silently and reverts to using a reference. Were
> you seeing errors?

Yes, with inlineCSS true, it says “There appears to have been a problem
fetching the stle sheet; status=0”.  My styles then don’t seem to have
been applied.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/