ReSpec / IDL / iterable

mwatson2
ReSpec adds the following
​paragraph
 for interfaces with an iterable declaration:

This interface has "entries", "keys", "values" and @@iterator methods brought by iterable.

However, WebIDL now also specifies the "forEach" method.

I can't find anywhere in the ReSpec source where it adds this sentence, otherwise I would have provided a Pull Request.

I know Old School IDL is deprecated, but we do not have time to fix that for our specification right now.

Thanks ... Mark

Re: ReSpec / IDL / iterable

Dominique Hazael-Massieux-2
Hi Mark,

https://github.com/w3c/respec/blob/develop/js/core/webidl-oldschool.js#L756

> I know Old School IDL is deprecated, but we do not have time to fix that
> for our specification right now.

FWIW, I have set up a script that enables to convert mostly
automatically from -oldschool to -contiguous:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2015OctDec/0070.html

If that's of interest, we can discuss off list to see if it would apply
to your spec as well.

Dom

Re: ReSpec / IDL / iterable

mwatson2

​Ah, I was looking in the wrong repo. https://www.w3.org/respec/dev.html links to the wrong one.​

> I know Old School IDL is deprecated, but we do not have time to fix that
> for our specification right now.

FWIW, I have set up a script that enables to convert mostly
automatically from -oldschool to -contiguous:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2015OctDec/0070.html

If that's of interest, we can discuss off list to see if it would apply
to your spec as well.

​Thanks! We are in a sprint to get substantive issues done in the coming weeks, but after that perhaps we will have time for this.

...Mark​

Dom