Re: "Starts with" comparison in search

Julian Reschke

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it too late to consider adding a "startswith" comparison operation to
> the basicsearch grammar in the SEARCH extension? I think that is a key
> string match operation to have in addition to "contains".

Hi Cyrus,

are we talking about properties, or about content?

For properties, you can use DAV:like, with something like "prefix%" (see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.html#rfc.section.5.15>).

BR, Julian

RE: "Starts with" comparison in search

John Barone

+1   would be nice

-John

RE: "Starts with" comparison in search

John Barone

Err... True.  Disregard my +1

-John

--On August 11, 2008 5:00:33 PM +0200 Julian Reschke
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> are we talking about properties, or about content?
>
> For properties, you can use DAV:like, with something like "prefix%"
> (see
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.html#
> rfc
> .section.5.15>).

Ah yes. That is probably sufficient for the vast majority of use cases I
can think of.