Re: non-public IP addresses has been disabled

Re: non-public IP addresses has been disabled

Dave Linton

On 12 Aug 2005 07:57:43 +0900, oliver Thereaux wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2005, at 07:04, EE wrote:
> > I have the validator installed locally and I am trying to validated
> > locally installed site but I get the following error.
> >
> > Sorry, the IP address of www.xyz.com is not public. For security
> > reasons, validating resources located at non-public IP addresses
> > has been disabled in this service.
> >
> > How can I enabled this or I get rid of this error.
>
> You can enable it: in your validator.conf, just set the "Allow
> Private IPs" parameter to yes.

I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.3.9. I'm trying to validate
pages on my local server before uploading them to my ISP. The validator
is also running on my local server.

I've set "Allow Private IPs = yes" as above (in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/validator.conf)
but it doesn't solve the problem, even after restarting the server -
any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Adding "&debug=1&errors=1&esis=1&verbose=1" to the URL of the page I'm
attempting to check provides no extra info.

Regards

Dave
--
Dave Linton
01341 280901

Re: non-public IP addresses has been disabled

olivier Thereaux

On Oct 31, 2005, at 6:52, Dave Linton wrote:

>> You can enable it: in your validator.conf, just set the "Allow
>> Private IPs" parameter to yes.
>
> I have the same problem on Mac OS X 10.3.9. I'm trying to validate
> pages on my local server before uploading them to my ISP. The
> validator is also running on my local server.
>
> I've set "Allow Private IPs = yes" as above (in
> /Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/validator.conf)
> but it doesn't solve the problem, even after restarting the server -
> any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

If you have installed the validator using the ADC instructions, then
the validator.conf used by the validator (and therefore the one you
should be editing) you should be editing is in /etc/w3c/, not
/Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/config/

Hope this helps.
--
olivier