Quantcast

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Fotos Equipe Guia SP

I do agree with you!

But could you send us some examples where it´s valid?

Thanks,

http://www.acompanhantesspvip.net.br

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Nicholas Shanks
On 8 May 2012 05:13, Fotos Equipe Guia SP <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But could you send us some examples where it´s valid?

I haven't been reading this conversation, but from the subject line,
how about <sub> and <sup>:

--
Nicholas.

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

FredMarka
You mean all the following elements ?

Fred

how about <sub> and <sup>:

--
Nicholas.

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
Those are not examples of "valid"; they are examples
of (potentially) "beneficial" or "useful".

Philip Taylor
--------
SP<[hidden email]>  wrote:

>> But could you send us some examples where it´s valid?
>
> I haven't been reading this conversation, but from the subject line,
> how about<sub>  and<sup>:

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

bhawkeslewis
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Nicholas Shanks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 8 May 2012 05:13, Fotos Equipe Guia SP <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> But could you send us some examples where it´s valid?
>
> I haven't been reading this conversation, but from the subject line,
> how about <sub> and <sup>:

Not strictly required as the same can be expressed with character data only:

<title>Chemistry of H₂SO₄</title>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_subscripts_and_superscripts

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Threaded

Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Jukka K. Korpela
2012-05-18 19:58, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> Those are not examples of "valid"; they are examples
> of (potentially) "beneficial" or "useful".

Even the usefulness is questionable, since the markup inside title
element in

(which is not valid and does not work the intended way)
can be replaced by the use of subscript characters, either as such or
via character references, e.g.

<title>Chemistry of H&#x2082;SO&#x2084;</title>

or even

<title>Chemistry of H₂SO₄</title>

This actually works well in modern browsers.

A potential need that cannot be covered in such a way is a bilingual
title element (for, say, a bilingual document). You cannot use different
lang attributes for different parts without having some markup for the
parts. But browsers, search engines, and other programs generally ignore
lang attributes anyway, so it’s not a big issue.

Yucca

P.S. This “discussion” seems to consist of mostly isolated messages
posted through the years when people find old messages in the archive
and comment them without giving context.