Re: XML Base PER--Missing definition of URI reference

Re: XML Base PER--Missing definition of URI reference

Grosso, Paul

Thank you for your comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2008AprJun/
0011
on the XML Base Second Edition PER.

Regarding:

> In the list of changes it states "The definition of
> URI reference has been switched from RFC2396 to 3986",
> but we couldn't locate that definition.  Presumably it
> should be in section 2.

The XML Core WG has reviewed this comment and decided not
to make any change to XML Base Second Edition with the
following explanation:

That mention in the list of changes refers to the fact
that we have changed references to RFC2396 (where the
term URI reference was defined) to references to RFC 3986
(which is the current location of the definition of the
term URI reference).  The XML Base spec does not define
the term URI reference; the change was merely to update
to point to the latest location of the defintion.

See also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2008JulSep/
0000
for previous reponses.

We hope to transition XML Base to Recommendation within
the next few weeks.  Please let us know if you accept
our disposition of this comment as soon as feasible.
If we have not heard by September 22, we will assume
you have no objection to our resolution.

Paul Grosso
for the XML Core WG

Re: XML Base PER--Missing definition of URI reference

Steven Pemberton-3

Paul,

Thank you. We were confused by this, but we can live with your reply.

Bets wishes,

Steven Pemberton
For the XHTML2 WG