Re: Web Design Standards Specification

Threaded

Re: Web Design Standards Specification

Dominique Hazael-Massieux-2
Hello,

Le mercredi 15 septembre 2010 à 09:30 -0400, SK Rana a écrit :

> I am in process to develop a RFP for a new web site development to
> invite proposals from vendors.
>
> Need to incorporate that web site should be compatibilty with current
> browsers or W3C standards.
>
> a) Can you please give me some verbiage (or pointers) that a new web
> site should meet what specific standards?
>
> b) Can you also give me some verbiage (or pointers) that a web site
> should meet what specific security related standards?
>
> Assuming vendor has developed the web site meeting above standards.
> Now, QA team to test/validate whether developed web site meets sought
> standards.
>
> c) Can you suggest specific testing tools that can be used whether
> produced web site passes above-mentioned standards?

Have you seen the article on this topic at:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/07/WebAgency-Requirements.html.en

It's a bit dated in some ways, but I think most of its content is still
relevant.

I've found somewhat similar suggestions in
http://apartness.blogspot.com/2005/04/how-to-include-web-standards-in-rfp.html

I'm also hoping that Olivier (whom you copied) might chime in with more
up to date suggestions.

HTH,

Dom