Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art

Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art

Seaborne, Andy

Jacco van Ossenbruggen wrote:

> Dear editors,
>
> SPARQL has been built on the experience gained from various other (RDF)
> query languages.
> I think it would be fair to acknowledge this work in the SPARQL
> specification.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacco van Ossenbruggen

Jacco,

The SPARQL query language document now contains an acknowledge section for the
people who have contributed to the development of the text in that document
(and a big thank you to everyone on this list for helping in that process with
comments and reviews).

In addition, the working group recorded the first phase of looking at existing
and proposed systems in:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/DesignEvaluations

If this addresses your comment, please respond with [CLOSED] in
the subject to allow the issue tracking scripts to close this issue.

        Andy

Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art

Dan Connolly

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 16:18 +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Jacco van Ossenbruggen wrote:
> > Dear editors,
> >
> > SPARQL has been built on the experience gained from various other (RDF)
> > query languages.
> > I think it would be fair to acknowledge this work in the SPARQL
> > specification.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jacco van Ossenbruggen
> >

> Jacco,
>
> The SPARQL query language document now contains an acknowledge section for the
> people who have contributed to the development of the text in that document
> (and a big thank you to everyone on this list for helping in that process with
> comments and reviews).

to wit:

[[
F. Acknowledgements

The SPARQL RDF Query Language is a product of the whole of the W3C RDF
Data Access Working Group, and our thanks for discussions, comments and
reviews go to all present and past members.

In addition, we have had comments and discussions with many people
though the working group comments list.  All comments go to making a
better document.  Andy would also like to particularly thank Geoff
Chappell, Bob MacGregor, Yosi Scharf and Richard Newman for exploring
specific issues related to SPARQL. Eric would like to acknowledge the
invaluable help of Bj�rn Hoehrmann.
]]

if you'd like to see it in context in the unreleased editor's draft,
see
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#acknowledgements

> In addition, the working group recorded the first phase of looking at existing
> and proposed systems in:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/DesignEvaluations
>
> If this addresses your comment, please respond with [CLOSED] in
> the subject to allow the issue tracking scripts to close this issue.
>
> Andy
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art [OK?]

Dan Connolly

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 15:11 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 16:18 +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
[...]
> > The SPARQL query language document now contains an acknowledge section
[...]
> > If this addresses your comment, please respond with [CLOSED] in
> > the subject to allow the issue tracking scripts to close this issue.

annotating thread state.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

[CLOSED] Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art

Jacco van Ossenbruggen

Andy, others,

Thanks for addressing my comments. I regard the issue to be closed.

Jacco