Quantcast

Re: Question

Threaded

Re: Question

Jens Oliver Meiert
(+[hidden email])

> W3C validator succesfully checked my website like a valid HTML5, but it
> didnt gave me an icon

HTML validation icons are available on the W3C’s QA site at
<http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/Icons>. However, there is no icon for HTML
5 yet. QA IG, are there any plans to add icons for HTML 5, or are
these available at a different location?

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Threaded

Re: Question

Ian Hickson
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

> (+[hidden email])
>
> > W3C validator succesfully checked my website like a valid HTML5, but it
> > didnt gave me an icon
>
> HTML validation icons are available on the W3C’s QA site at
> <http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/Icons>. However, there is no icon for HTML
> 5 yet. QA IG, are there any plans to add icons for HTML 5, or are
> these available at a different location?
http://about.validator.nu/#no-badge
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/validation.html#icon

Threaded

Re: Question

Jens Oliver Meiert
> http://about.validator.nu/#no-badge

I hope that answers your question, Jan.

I didn’t know that part of the document, Ian. Glad to hear, albeit due
to different reasons [1] (which I would articulate a bit differently
nowadays).

[1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20070309/valid-css-and-similar-claims-are-unprofessional/

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Threaded

Re: Question

olivier Thereaux-4

On 13 déc. 2010, at 01:33, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
>> http://about.validator.nu/#no-badge
>
> I hope that answers your question, Jan.
>
> I didn’t know that part of the document, Ian. Glad to hear, albeit due
> to different reasons [1] (which I would articulate a bit differently
> nowadays).
>
> [1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20070309/valid-css-and-similar-claims-are-unprofessional/

A lot of good points in there, both in Henri's document and yours, Jens.

It's also worth noting that for many years, the icons were part of an arsenal to promote good practices and better awareness of web standards.
(Whether the icons were used well is another discussion altogether)

Given the current hype around html5, it's probably fair to say that a “valid HTML5” icon is hardly relevant indeed.

--
olivier