Re: Merge conflicts

Werner Donné

My offer to zip up the libxml2-2_4_27 port I have is still open (see
above). It will build on VAX (even with GNU C). The TRIO stuff has
been hacked to avoid IEEE and fp_class issues as much as possible.
However, as previously pointed out, if your application depends on
IEEE floating point (i.e., stuff like NAN), then no VAX libxml2 port
is going to work properly (unless someone has an IEEE floating point
emulation library for VAX).

My port is designed to work with Mosaic, so the build only includes
enough to compile and build an object library. It doesn't include
any of the tests, docs, etc. If nothing else, it would show you
what needs to be hacked in the TRIO files.

Building the perl libxml module gave me some problems, had 3 undefined
symbols due the length of a couple of function names, that exceeded 31
chars.
I fixed that and now I can use the parser with my perl test construct.
Just checked
it out and it's also pretty fast with the rte envisonment of Wasd.
Will see, how I can build up that homepage project. But for now I am
happy.-)

Thanks to all you guys that helped me out and tried to get me on the
path!

--
-- GoldED/386 2.42.G0614+

I will try to live with love... with dreams... and forever with tears...
http://www.w3statistics.org

Re: Merge conflicts

Werner Donné

Hi,

I don't know who wrote this. It was certainly not me.

Regards,

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re                                     http://www.pincette.biz