Re: IEEE/WIC/ACM WI-IAT'06: Last Call for Workshop Proposals

WI
Threaded

Re: IEEE/WIC/ACM WI-IAT'06: Last Call for Workshop Proposals

WI

> I'm trying to deal with OLE compound documents without Microsoft API
> functions. I successfully read all that streams/storages etc, and now I'd
> like to read information about embedded objects. I made some assumptions
> about the binary format, but I failed to find any docs with the description
> of the ObjectPool storage, and LinkInfo is about the topic of the new
> ( http://www.vaginadating.org ) stream especially.

Those are implementation details of specific applications, not parts of
compound document specification. Office applications in particular tend
to create a dedicated storage, named ObjectPool, for all objects
embedded in the document. I'm not sure what LinkInfo is. Anyway, these
application-specific details are not documented.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken