Re: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-search-12.txt

Re: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-search-12.txt

Julian Reschke

Hi,

this is draft 12, as previously announced in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2007JanMar/0114.html>.
I have just requested publication as Experimental Standard
(<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026#section-4.2.1>).

Best regards, Julian

Julian Reschke schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> this is draft 12, as previously announced in
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2007JanMar/0114.html>.
> I have just requested publication as Experimental Standard
> (<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026#section-4.2.1>).

Input for the IESG:

(a) Implementations:

- Apache Jackrabbit (just the SEARCH method and the DASL header, but not
the DAV:basicsearch grammar)
- Apache Slide
- Apache/moddav+Catacomb
- Microsoft Exchange/Sharepoint (just the SEARCH method and the DASL
header, but not the DAV:basicsearch grammar)
- SAP KM
- Xythos WFS

(there may be more; feedback appreciated)

(b) Known open issues:

Summarized in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-12.html#rfc.section.B>.

Best regards, Julian

DASL interoperability testing?

Jim Davis-7

Are there any instances of the below mentioned DASL servers running on
hosts on the open Internet, such that a hypothetical DASL client could
connect to them for purpose of testing?

At 07:24 AM 13/04/2007, Julian Reschke wrote:
>(- Apache Jackrabbit (just the SEARCH method and the DASL header, but not
>the DAV:basicsearch grammar)
>- Apache Slide
>- Apache/moddav+Catacomb
>- Microsoft Exchange/Sharepoint (just the SEARCH method and the DASL
>header, but not the DAV:basicsearch grammar)
>- SAP KM
>- Xythos WFS

Jim Davis
[hidden email]
http://www.econetwork.net/~jdavis
27 Borden Street
Toronto Ontario Canada M5S 2M8
Phone 416-929-5854
Cell: 647-285-5733

Re: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-search-12.txt

Lisa Dusseault

Are there any known client implementations?

thx,
Lisa

Lisa Dusseault schrieb:
> Are there any known client implementations?
>
> thx,
> Lisa

SEARCH is used in several client libraries (Apache Slide, Apache
Jackrabbit, SAP KM) quite frequently (just look at the mail archives
from the Apache mailing lists). Also, the Microsoft Exchange and
Sharepoint SEARCH implementations are known to be used by many custom
clients (AFAIK, there are lots of things in Exchange and Sharepoint
where you need SEARCH unless you want to use WS-*).

Best regards, Julian

Re: DASL interoperability testing?

Julian Reschke

Hi Jim,

Xythos has a test server running at Sharemation
(<http://www.sharemation.com/>). I *could* try to make a SAP KM server
available, but that may take some time.

Best regards, Julian