Re: HTTP authentication

Ben Laurie

Sam Hartman wrote:

> May  I forward this to other interested parties?
>
> I think it is too late to get a BOF for IETF 64, but would be happy
> to work on it for the next IETF.  We could definitely have a bar bof.

I'm way behind on email ... there was a non-bof on identity management
at IETF 64, under the name DIX. The plan is to propose a BoF for IETF
65, leading, hopefully, to a WG. Pity I didn't notice this beforehand.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/
**  ApacheCon - Dec 10-14th - San Diego - http://apachecon.com/ **

Re: HTTP authentication

RL 'Bob' Morgan

> I'm way behind on email ... there was a non-bof on identity management
> at IETF 64, under the name DIX. The plan is to propose a BoF for IETF
> 65, leading, hopefully, to a WG. Pity I didn't notice this beforehand.

Note that the ietf-dix list/pre-bof/technology is entirely independent
from the ietf-http-auth list/bar-bof/technology, though of course
Everything Is Related in some fashion.

  - RL "Bob"

Re: HTTP authentication

Ben Laurie

RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

>> I'm way behind on email ... there was a non-bof on identity management
>> at IETF 64, under the name DIX. The plan is to propose a BoF for IETF
>> 65, leading, hopefully, to a WG. Pity I didn't notice this beforehand.
>
> Note that the ietf-dix list/pre-bof/technology is entirely independent
> from the ietf-http-auth list/bar-bof/technology, though of course
> Everything Is Related in some fashion.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all, since several, if not many,
identity management solutions include HTTP auth in their problem space.