Re: [DOM3Events] InputDevice API sketch

Rick Byers-2
I've created a more formal proposal for an initial simple InputDevice API (though probably still sloppy by W3C spec standards).  Please provide any additional feedback you have on it, ideally as GitHub issues (or feel free to submit pull requests, eg. for editorial improvements).

The respository contains a polyfill and a number of tests.  We're nearly done implementing this API in blink and hope to ship it soon.

Thanks,
   Rick

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Rick Byers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much!

So what's the best path forward to starting to spec something here?  Is the UI Events spec the best place to put this?

Rick

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Domenic Denicola <[hidden email]> wrote:

Overall I really like this. It definitely affirms that a sourceDevice property would have room to grow into something genuinely useful, as people come up with more use cases that might desire the various properties you’ve sketched out. Great stuff!