Re: Comments (and Wine as an example)

Dan Connolly

Hi. Sorry for the delay in responding. Due to spam defenses
etc., I only just now discovered your comment on the OWL
specifications...
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2006Mar/0001.html

| Although I see that a lot of work has already been done on this, might
| suggest for future versions that some example besides an alcoholic drink
is chosen?

The OWL guide includes a food ontology, in part for the reason you cite.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/food.rdf
 <- http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/

Removing wine from the OWL Guide would be a large undertaking.
The experts who were available to do the work of explaining OWL
happen to have a lot of experience teaching ontologies using
wine as an example.

If you know of someone who is available to do another OWL Guide
that has no mention of wine, please do let us know.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E