RDFa wiki upgrade

Sergey Chernyshev-2
BTW, it's worth upgrading RDFa wiki's OpenID extension and running maintenance/update.php to upgrade data structures (for this and other extensions).

Setting $wgOpenIDShowProviderIcons = true; might also be a good idea.

Thank you,

        Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev
http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Sergey Chernyshev <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Special:Contributions/Benhurtisson is another spammer - quite prolific.

Unfortunately, these are already rergistered users - it's probably worth doing something like enabling CAPTCHA for changes with links, but I don't know how to do that.

I don't know any better way of handling that. Maybe using Wordpress's anti-spam service for triggering CAPTCHA or notifying Bureaucrats, but this requires a new extension - I don't think it exists yet..

        Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev
http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Nathan Kinkade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sergey,

I deleted the pages created by Louisuuitt and Sebaksj123 and also
blocked them and the user Bozozo.  This past Friday I blocked user
PeterWarner1 at the request of Ben, and it looks like someone has
reverted the changes from that user as well.

If you guys would like for me to install some other spam-fighting
extensions just let me know.

Best,

Nathan (Kinkade)

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Nathan Yergler
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I'm cc'ing Nathan Kinkade who can handle those rollbacks/blocks.
>
> Thanks for paying attention to that.
>
> Nathan
>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Sergey Chernyshev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Guys,
>> I noticed some spam messages were posted to RDFa wiki - I reverted edits
>> from this guy:
>> http://rdfa.info/wiki/Special:Contributions/Bozozo
>> But can't delete new pages created by these two:
>> http://rdfa.info/wiki/Special:Contributions/Louisuuitt
>> http://rdfa.info/wiki/Special:Contributions/Sebaksj123
>> Need someone from admin group to come and delete pages + ban.
>> If you're in this
>> list: http://rdfa.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&username=&group=sysop,
>> please come to rescue.
>> Thank you,
>>
>>         Sergey
>>

>> --
>> Sergey Chernyshev
>> http://www.sergeychernyshev.com/

Re: RDFa wiki upgrade

Sergey Chernyshev-2
That fix for multiple OpenID URLs that was broken was actually about 6 months (it's a good idea to always run maintenance/update.php every time you upgrade MW or extensions' code - they have hooks to run data updates). Also OpenID got updated just recently by IAlex to bring some cool features, mainly backporting user preferences which now shows OpenID tab on all stable versions (pre-1.16) of MW.

I'm actually a maintainer of this extension right now, that's why I know that much about it ;)

This spammer seems to be a person (quite slow for a bot), although it might be a very smart bot as well - changing existing links and stuff.

        Sergey

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Nathan Kinkade <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think the OpenID extension was already fairly recent, but I updated
to the absolute latest commit to HEAD.  I also added the config you
asked for below.

Do you think the spam is being posted by a bot, but via an account
that was already setup?  Or do you feel like it's coming from an
actual person who is logging in and doing it manually?

Nathan