Question re Worker time-out in test-suite for WebCrypto

Question re Worker time-out in test-suite for WebCrypto

Harry Halpin-2
The WebCrypto WG is working on the test-suite, and some functions (in
particular the generation of RSA keys, a well-known slow operation) seem
to 'time out' wrt the use of Workers on Mozilla. The same tests works
w/o Workers.

We could take those tests out of the test-suite. Currently we've decided
to comment them out as to not slow the whole test suite down.

My guess is:

1) If a test terminates when ran by itself, it should stay in spec.
2) If a test is too slow, then we remove it from the test-suite and keep
in a separate test file and note that in our comments to the test-suite.

See tests here:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/3016

The alternative path would be to somehow queue Workers up in the
test-suite with more control, but that seems rather complex and may not
solve problem.

Is there any recommendation on what to do with slow tests in terms of
workers?

  cheers,
      harry

Re: Question re Worker time-out in test-suite for WebCrypto

Tobie Langel-4
You probably meant to task this to [hidden email].

Best,

--tobie