QA Tips mistake?

John S. Britsios-3

Dear W3C Team,

I wanted to bring your consideration that I consider a part of one of
the QA tips found here http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/good-titles
as wrong and misleading.

I strongly believe that having links in <h1> tags is semantically
incorrect. Or did I miss something?

Kind regards,

John S. Britsios, CEO
Web Architect & Principal SEO Consultant

Germany: +49 (821) 25 94 908
United States:: +1 (217) 408 4510
United Kingdom: +44 (20) 81 33 7065

http://www.seoworkers.com
http://www.webnauts.net
http://seosearchbot.com
http://www.algojunkie.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000782-1, 17.10.2007
Tested on: 18.10.2007 04:31:46

Re: QA Tips mistake?

Jens Meiert

Hi John,

> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/good-titles
>
> I strongly believe that having links in <h1> tags is semantically
> incorrect.

I guess there are differing points of view, but since

* the HTML specs seem to leave this open (cannot find anything, that is),
* just about every bit of information might be worth linking, and
* linking headings can help usability, too,

it appears to be legitimate.

(Interested in more pros and cons, though.)

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Re: QA Tips mistake?

Karl Dubost

John S. Britsios (18 oct. 2007 - 11:31) :
> I strongly believe that having links in <h1> tags is semantically
> incorrect. Or did I miss something?

Could you give more details? Use cases and rationales? Code examples.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***