Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

12

Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

Tobie Langel-3
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016, at 10:20, Mike West wrote:
On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Denis Ah-Kang <[hidden email]> wrote:
The day has finally come. With the official release of the new
pubrules [1], we now require people to switch the TR links to https.
The spec generators like Bikeshed and Respec have been updated to handle
that switch so if you are using these tools, you probably have nothing
to do.
As usual, if you want to make sure your documents are ready to be
published, you should check them with pubrules [2].

Feel free to report issues on irc (#pub) or github [3].

Thanks for getting this done!

I filed https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/issues/767 against Bikeshed to correct one error I found (and update WebAppSec's templates), but was otherwise able to publish an update to https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP3/ this morning without issue.

And the latest update of CSP3 showed up as expected in Specref: http://www.specref.org/?q=CSP3

Sounds like we're all good on the Specref side.

--tobie

Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

Philippe Le Hegaret
Thank you to everyone who got this done!

Mike West, for pushing us forward.

Marcos, Tab, and Shane, for taking constant care of bikeshed and respec.

Denis and Antonio, for involving our back and front tools forward.

Editors in general, for their patience and understanding while we're
moving our tools forward.

Thank you,

Philippe

On 08/01/2016 03:14 AM, Denis Ah-Kang wrote:

> On 06/21/2016 11:31 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>> On 05/09/2016 09:19 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>>> Chairs, Editors,
>>> Tool makers,
>>>
>>> we had requests to use https in the /TR documents for quite sometime now
>>> so here is a proposal.
>>>
>>> Timeline:
>>>
>>> The current target for deployment is July 1st, to give enough time for
>>> folks to comment and tools to adapt.
>>
>> To ensure that we do proper testing on our side (we're missing some
>> person cycles otherwise), we moved the target date to August 1st, which
>> will match the date of retirement of the old pubrules tool.
>>

> The day has finally come. With the official release of the new
> pubrules [1], we now require people to switch the TR links to https.
> The spec generators like Bikeshed and Respec have been updated to handle
> that switch so if you are using these tools, you probably have nothing
> to do.
> As usual, if you want to make sure your documents are ready to be
> published, you should check them with pubrules [2].
>
> Feel free to report issues on irc (#pub) or github [3].
>
> Denis
>
> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2016JulSep/0021.html
> [2] https://www.w3.org/pubrules/
> [3] https://github.com/w3c/specberus

Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

Ian Jacobs-2

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you to everyone who got this done!
>
> Mike West, for pushing us forward.
>
> Marcos, Tab, and Shane, for taking constant care of bikeshed and respec.
>
> Denis and Antonio, for involving our back and front tools forward.
>
> Editors in general, for their patience and understanding while we're moving our tools forward.
Hear, hear!

Ian
--
Ian Jacobs <[hidden email]>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

On 08/01/2016 09:31 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> Thank you to everyone who got this done!
>
> Mike West, for pushing us forward.
>
> Marcos, Tab, and Shane, for taking constant care of bikeshed and respec.
>
> Denis and Antonio, for involving our back and front tools forward.
>
> Editors in general, for their patience and understanding while we're
> moving our tools forward.

I left out Tobie from that list, probably because the list of drinks
that I ought to pay him is already quite long.

But, nevertheless, we needed him to make this happens and he was up for
it, so thank you as well and apologizes for omitting you yesterday.

Philippe

12