Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

David Illsley-2

All,
Apparently the DTD in the WS-A schema [1] is causing problems for some schema processors, particularly in build environments that are firewalled from w3.org. Given that including the DTD is entirely optional and is causing problems, unless someone raises an object in the next 2 weeks, I'll ask Philippe to make the change.
David

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/ws-addr.xsd

David Illsley
MP211, IBM Hursley Park, SO21 2JN
+44 (0)1962 815049 (Int. 245049)
[hidden email]

Unless stated otherwise above:

RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Paul Knight-2
Hi David,

Just to be clear, the change is to remove the DTD completely?  Or is there a fix proposed?

Regards,
Paul

Paul Knight
Standards Advisor - Applications and Services
Nortel, Office of CTO
Email     [hidden email]
Telephone +1 978 288 6414
Director, Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS)

RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Ram Jeyaraman

Hi David,

Could you please describe what the proposed change is to the XSD?

Thanks.

RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

David Illsley-2

Sure,

The proposed change is to remove the following line from the XSD:

<!DOCTYPE xs:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN" "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd">

(N.B. That line is not shown by the default view of the file in Firefox)

From: Ram Jeyaraman <[hidden email]>
To: David Illsley/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date: 06/06/2008 01:33
Subject: RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Hi David,

Could you please describe what the proposed change is to the XSD?

Thanks.

RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Ram Jeyaraman

Thanks David,

I have no objections to the proposed change to the XSD.

The proposed change is to remove the following line from the XSD:

<!DOCTYPE xs:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN" "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd">

(N.B. That line is not shown by the default view of the file in Firefox)
David

David Illsley
MP211, IBM Hursley Park, SO21 2JN
+44 (0)1962 815049 (Int. 245049)

Ram Jeyaraman <[hidden email]>

David Illsley/UK/IBM@IBMGB

"[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

06/06/2008 01:33

RE: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Hi David,

Could you please describe what the proposed change is to the XSD?

Thanks.

Re: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Philippe Le Hegaret

I removed the following line:
-<!DOCTYPE xs:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN" "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.dtd">

If something breaks, please shout.

Philippe

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:20 +0100, David Illsley wrote:

> All,
> Apparently the DTD in the WS-A schema [1] is causing problems for some
> schema processors, particularly in build environments that are
> firewalled from w3.org. Given that including the DTD is entirely
> optional and is causing problems, unless someone raises an object in
> the next 2 weeks, I'll ask Philippe to make the change.
> David
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/ws-addr.xsd
>
> David Illsley
> MP211, IBM Hursley Park, SO21 2JN
> +44 (0)1962 815049 (Int. 245049)

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> number 741598.
> 3AU

Re: Proposed change to WS-A Schema hosted on w3.org

Philippe Le Hegaret

Correction: the change should have happened to the latest version of the
schema, which is
  http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing/ws-addr.xsd

and not the one referenced at [1].

So, I removed the line from the 2006/03 version as well.

Philippe