Proposed W3C "Print & Page Layout Community Group"

Proposed W3C "Print & Page Layout Community Group"

Tony Graham-4
See http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/#ppl

As the proposal text (below) states, the recent XSL-FO meetup showed that
there is a lot of people interested in the progress of the spec --
happily, even more than we expected when we arranged for the meetup -- yet
there hasn't been a good channel for that interest.  If you are interested
in the progress of the spec (and you're okay with the contributor
agreement) please consider joining the proposed group.

--------------------
For people interested in XSL-FO and related page layout technologies, the
Print & Page Layout Community Group is the "virtual water cooler" where
they can hang out and discuss aspects of the current draft, of test cases,
of implementations, or of requirements in advance of their solution in any
draft. The success of the XSL-FO meetup at XML Prague 2012 shows there's a
strong undercurrent of interest in XSL-FO and its implementation, and the
Print and Page Layout Community Group is intended as a place where we can
start to build a larger community of XSL-FO users and help to raise the
visibility of this important technology.
---------------------

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   [hidden email]
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

Print & Page Layout Community Group launched [Was: Proposed W3C "..."]

Tony Graham-4
On Tue, March 6, 2012 12:22 pm, Tony Graham wrote:
> ... please consider joining the proposed group.

Enough people supported the 'ppl' community group proposal that it's now
established.  See http://www.w3.org/community/ppl/

Since it is a community group, join now and help set its direction.