Proposed IANA registration of "filesystem" historical URI scheme

Proposed IANA registration of "filesystem" historical URI scheme

Chris Rebert-2
Hello,

Per the advice of RFC 7595, and also since the relevant defunct
specification is from the W3C, I hereby present the following proposed
IANA registration of the "filesystem" historical URI scheme for review.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Chris

********

Scheme name:  filesystem

Applications/protocols that use this scheme name:
  This scheme was part of the "File API: Directories and System"
  W3C Working Draft.  It was intended to be implemented by web user
  agents such as web browsers.  The specification did not gain traction
  and was abandoned.  At the time of writing this registration, the
  specification is only known to be implemented in the Google Chrome
  family of web browsers, under a "webkit" vendor prefix.

Contact:
  Registering party:
    Chris Rebert <[hidden email]>
  Scheme creator:
    W3C WebApps Working Group

Change controller:
  W3C

      W3C Working Group Note, April 2014,
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/file-system-api/>.
  Bidelman, E., "Exploring the FileSystem APIs", April 2014,
      <http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem/>.

Re: Proposed IANA registration of "filesystem" historical URI scheme

Chris Rebert-2
On Mon, Jul 13, 2015, at 05:48 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Per the advice of RFC 7595, and also since the relevant defunct
> specification is from the W3C, I hereby present the following proposed
> IANA registration of the "filesystem" historical URI scheme for review.
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> ********
>
> Scheme name:  filesystem

<snip>

The registration has been completed. See:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/historic/filesystem

Please CC me on any replies to this thread, as I will be unsubscribing
from this mailinglist shortly.

Cheers,
Chris