Proposal for ...

Anish Karmarkar

I took an AI to send a proposal to amend section 3.3 of MTOM policy
assertion [1] document to talk about what is the expected behavior when
SOAP/HTTP binding is used, i.e., whether or not section 4 of MTOM is
engaged. Below is the proposal:

Add the following at the end of section 3.3:
----------
When the binding used for a service is SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding
[http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-soap12-part2-20070427/#soapinhttp], and
the MTOM policy assertion is in scope that binding MUST conform to
section 4 of SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism [MTOM]
specification.
----------

Comments?

-Anish

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-soap12-mtom-policy-20070918/

Proposal for MTOM section 4 conformance in MTOM policy assertion doc

Anish Karmarkar

Resending with an appropriate subject.
-Anish
--

Anish Karmarkar wrote:

> I took an AI to send a proposal to amend section 3.3 of MTOM policy
> assertion [1] document to talk about what is the expected behavior when
> SOAP/HTTP binding is used, i.e., whether or not section 4 of MTOM is
> engaged. Below is the proposal:
>
> Add the following at the end of section 3.3:
> ----------
> When the binding used for a service is SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding
> [http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-soap12-part2-20070427/#soapinhttp], and
> the MTOM policy assertion is in scope that binding MUST conform to
> section 4 of SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism [MTOM]
> specification.
> ----------
>
> Comments?
>
> -Anish
> --
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-soap12-mtom-policy-20070918/

Re: Proposal for MTOM section 4 conformance in MTOM policy assertion doc

Christopher B Ferris

Anish,

Looks good, just a couple of minor editorial tweaks. Other than that, I would think that this is an effective
resolution. Do others agree?

When the binding used for a service is SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding
[http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-soap12-part2-20070427/#soapinhttp], and
the MTOM policy assertion is in scope, that binding MUST conform to
section 4 of the SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism [MTOM]
specification.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy