Problems with install on Windows

Martin J. Dürst

Hello Irene, others,

I recently asked a group of 10 students here to install Amaya.
They all used the latest binaries (amaya-WinXP-9.55-3.exe).
For most of the students, this worked without problems, but for
one student, this didn't work at all. Installation worked, but
when starting Amaya, he got the famous "do you want to report
this bug to Microsoft" dialog before anything else showed up.
Trying to start the debugger, we only got to see some assembly
code, so we gave up.

The problem persisted even though we uninstalled and reinstalled
Amaya several times. I managed to solve this by uninstalling again,
and then just copying the whole Amaya directory of a version
I had installed (the "about Amaya" dialog shows "amaya - 9.5
April 12 2006).

With not more information than this, I'm not expecting a solution,
but I'm just reporting this for the case that you might be able
to correlate this with other, similar reports.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[hidden email]