Problems with SVG parsing

Jose Antonio Villarreal
 Hello, i installed isaviz on debian testing all seems good, but when i try to import or copy and paste a simple RDF-XML file i have always the same
error, here is mi error log
-----Importing RDF-----
XMLManager.parse(/tmp/isv17867.svg): org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
RDFLoader.load() java.lang.NullPointerException
Please verify your directory preferences (GraphViz/DOT might not be configured properly), your default namespace and anonymous node prefix declarations
i've change my locale to es_MX.UTF-8 UTF-8, and i have the same problem.

Re: Problems with SVG parsing

Emmanuel Pietriga

Jose Antonio Villarreal a écrit :

>  Hello, i installed isaviz on debian testing all seems good, but when i
> try to import or copy and paste a simple RDF-XML file i have always the same
> error, here is mi error log
> -----Importing RDF-----
> XMLManager.parse(/tmp/isv17867.svg): org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> RDFLoader.load() java.lang.NullPointerException
> Please verify your directory preferences (GraphViz/DOT might not be
> configured properly), your default namespace and anonymous node prefix
> declarations
> i've change my locale to es_MX.UTF-8 UTF-8, and i have the same problem.

What version of GraphViz are you using ?

Does your RDF file contain characters with diacritics (e.g. é, à, è, ...) ?

Emmanuel

Re: Problems with SVG parsing

Jose Antonio Villarreal
Well, i'm using debian testing, and i installed this graphvis with apt-get.
Here is the apt-cache show output..., i don't know if is the correct version, it seem that is 2.2.1.  And the dot program is in /usr/bin/dot
i installed isaviz-bin-2_1.tar.gz

And yes, i'm using 'acentos' in spanish. But i probed a file without
diacritics in english, and failed in the same way, with the same error.
Thanks for answer.

quetzal:~# apt-cache show graphviz
Package: graphviz
Section: graphics
Installed-Size: 2660
Maintainer: Stephen M Moraco <[hidden email]>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.2.1-1sarge1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21), libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.3.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.5-1), libice6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libjpeg62, libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.8rel), libsm6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libx11-6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxaw7 (>> 4.1.0), libxext6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxmu6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxpm4 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxt6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1), tk8.4, tcl8.4
Suggests: msttcorefonts, graphviz-doc
Conflicts: gdtclft
Filename: pool/main/g/graphviz/graphviz_2.2.1-1sarge1_i386.deb
Size: 971018
MD5sum: 6504a5be6579cafc0b5d0192d02cbeb6
 Graph drawing addresses the problem of visualizing structural information
 by constructing geometric representations of abstract graphs and networks.
 Automatic generation of graph drawings has important applications in key
 technologies such as database design, software engineering, VLSI and
 network design and visual interfaces in other domains. Situations where
 these tools might be particularly useful include:
 .
   * you would like to restructure a program and first need to understand
     the relationships between its types, procedures, and source files.
   * you need to find the bottlenecks in an Internet backbone - not only
     individual links, but their relationships
   * you're debugging a protocol or microarchitecture represented as a
     finite state machine and need to figure out how a certain
     error state arises
   * you would like to browse a database schema, knowledge base, or
     distributed program represented pictorially
   * you would like to see an overview of a collection of linked documents
   * you would like to discover patterns and communities of interest in a
     database of telephone calls or e-mail messages
 .
 Homepage: http://www.graphviz.org
Tag: field::mathematics, interface::commandline, interface::x11, role::sw:shlib, role::sw:utility, uitoolkit::athena, uitoolkit::tk, use::viewing, works-with::image:raster, works-with::image:vector, x11::application

Emmanuel Pietriga <[hidden email]> escribió:

Jose Antonio Villarreal a écrit :

> Hello, i installed isaviz on debian testing all seems good, but when i
> try to import or copy and paste a simple RDF-XML file i have always the same
> error, here is mi error log
> -----Importing RDF-----
> XMLManager.parse(/tmp/isv17867.svg): org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> RDFLoader.load() java.lang.NullPointerException
> Please verify your directory preferences (GraphViz/DOT might not be
> configured properly), your default namespace and anonymous node prefix
> declarations
> i've change my locale to es_MX.UTF-8 UTF-8, and i have the same problem.

What version of GraphViz are you using ?

Does your RDF file contain characters with diacritics (e.g. é, à, è, ...) ?

Emmanuel

Re: Problems with SVG parsing

Emmanuel Pietriga

Jose Antonio Villarreal a écrit :
> Well, i'm using debian testing, and i installed this graphvis with apt-get.
> Here is the apt-cache show output..., i don't know if is the correct
> version, it seem that is 2.2.1.  And the dot program is in /usr/bin/dot

That's probably 2.2.1 indeed. I suspect this is a GraphViz-related
problem, even though it fails with a diacritics/acentos free RDF file.
Several versions of GraphViz have had issues with the SVG output.

Could you send me one of your RDF files that fails ? That would allow me
to confirm that the problem is GraphViz-related, and I could tell you
what version to use (the most recent one taken from the GraphViz web
site [1] should work fine ; you might have to build it, as I don't think
they provide Debian packages).

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/