Problem with feed validation when using SSL SNI

Problem with feed validation when using SSL SNI

Kathy Goss

Hello,

One of my domains is not able to create a Mailchimp RSS campaign. I get the message that the URL is not a valid RSS feed. Although you can access the URL without errors,  the WC3 RSS Validation Service that Mailchimp uses gets the following error:

Server returned [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error

During a chat with my hosting provider this morning I was told that since it is an SSL related issue to check at Cloudflare.

Cloudflare's response was:  "The Validator service not supporting SNI is a known issue; unfortunately there is little we can do about this; the validator service needs to be updated to support this."

The domain is:  shelbysessentials.com

Do you intend to update your service to support SNI and if so when or at least is there a way to exclude this error in your validation.  We have hundreds of sites and we include Mailchimp integration and part of our service is to set our subscribers up with RSS driven campaigns but this issue is blocking our ability.  Please advise.

Kathy Goss

Using Essential Oils, LLC

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.

Re: Problem with feed validation when using SSL SNI

Beat Wettstein
Kathy Goss <kgoss <at> usingessentialoils.com> writes:

> Hello,
> One of my domains is not able to create a Mailchimp RSS campaign. I
get the message that the URL is not a valid RSS feed. Although you can
access the URL without errors,  the WC3 RSS Validation Service that
Mailchimp uses gets the following error:
> Server returned [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14077438:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error
> During a chat with my hosting provider this morning I was told that
since it is an SSL related issue to check at Cloudflare.
> Cloudflare's response was:  "The Validator service not supporting SNI
is a known issue; unfortunately there is little we can do about this;
the validator service needs to be updated to support this."
> The domain is:  shelbysessentials.com
> Do you intend to update your service to support SNI and if so when or
at least is there a way to exclude this error in your validation.  We
have hundreds of sites and we include Mailchimp integration and part of
our service is to set our subscribers up with RSS driven campaigns but
this issue is blocking our ability.  Please advise.
> Kathy Goss
> Using Essential Oils, LLC
>

> NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were
checking.

Hi,
I am experiencing the same problem as describe by Kathy Goss below. If I
enable SSL via SNI on my sites (www.careertuneup.com.au and
www.ireallylikeguitars.com) then the /feed url is no longer considered
valid. I would appreciate if you could consider enabling SNI in your
service.
Thanks
Beat