Phone Sex - Phillip Toledano

bob6000
Twin Palms is pleased to offer Phillip Toledano's second book, Phonesex.
Toledano has photographed nearly thirty phonesex operators in the
intimate setting of their own homes, offering a seldom-seen glimpse into
the reality of what otherwise is the fantasy created by the operator's
voice, and caller's imagina- tion. Accompanying every portrait is a text
written by each subject touching on some aspect of his or her experience
as an operator. Whether touching, humorous, or disturbing, every
operator's point of view is compelling. "There is a contract that exists
between phonesex operators and the people who call. It is a contract of
self-delusion. The caller agrees to pretend that he (or she) is calling
a young, beautiful girl, and the phonesex operator willingly plays the
part. Phonesex reveals the truth. It pulls back the veil to reveal the
expected, and the unexpected, all at once." Phillip Toledano nine by
twelve inches, casebound twenty-six four color plates sixty pages, $50
IS B N 978-1- 931885-74-4 Availability Date: July 30, 2008 For further
press information or images please contact Jonathan Hollingsworth, email
[hidden email] or Olga Katsnelson, [hidden email]
415.404.6412       SEPTEMBER PHONESEX Phillip Toledano I never thought I
would work in the phone sex industry. All those years doing customer
service, my customers would comment on my sexy voice. I thought I was
being professional, not sexy. This work is customer service. It leave
with more than a smile. My Saturday at midnight. It was a gentleman who
I believe called himself Bob. He told me about his He explained that he
had no one he felt comfortable telling this to, and I felt a strange
intimacy between us, though it was rooted in a fantasy. I think it
repressed desires to a non-judgmental, because there are no consequences
in the outside world. I have a ba in Cultural Anthropology from Columbia
University, and married for 25 years. I have a son in his last years of
college who lives at home. He in English Literature and Religion. Men
call me for an in Of course, they call to masturbate. I call it It of
testosterone, fueled by addiction to pornography, loneliness, and the
need to hear a woman I make twice the money I made in the corporate
world. I work from home, the money transfers into my bank account daily.
I If I don he will kill me in the morning. I am a straight male who
speaks to women. They want me. They want me to talk to them, and to take
them to another world. I A ladies man. I speak to younger women. I speak
to older women. I speak both Spanish and English. I have been thrown
offers left and right. They want me to meet up and have my way with
them, but I keep it only to phone conversations.    Phone sex by Phillip
Toledano. From Homer to Henry James, storytelling has been the one
constant art that has sewn us together as a society and a species.
Today, some of the finest practitioners of the bard's tradition are just
a pay phone call away. In photographer Phil Toledano's newest book,
"Phone Sex," readers are treated to an inside look at the women and men
who answer the call when some lonely (or horny) soul dials a 900
number.  Paired with sensitive, often probing portraits taken in their
"home offices," Toledano collects the phone-sex workers musings on their
art and industry. One rather demure-looking pro-talker recalls the
customer who was turned on by the rather questionable conceit that she
could raise a motorcycle over her head. Another's account of a
scatologically inclined caller appears alongside an innocent snap of her
with her adorable toddler. Toledano, who's past subjects have included
the haunting work spaces abandoned by the crash of the dot-com boom
("Bankrupt"), says "so many of these operators are fantastic
storytellers and have incredible imaginations, creating elaborate
hyper-specific fantasies that genuinely turn their callers on."  Have a
glance at the book at Phone Sex and purchase it for $50 at Twin Palms
Publishers, although at the time of writing the book was on backorder.
See Toledano's other works on his site.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-evangelist/2009Apr/0000.html
http://www.xxx-rated.com