Permission Request for 'Transformations XSL (XSLT...'

Permission Request for 'Transformations XSL (XSLT...'

John Obri
Hello,

I've known you website for ages! And I found interesting your
publication "Transformations XSL (XSLT)" which I googled on
http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/ ! I'd love to use it in a project I'm
involved with called "Geek Science", so I'm seeking your permission for
translation to Macedonian language. "Geek Science" is a freemium-model
non-English language orientated startup with collection of scientific
articles, personal notes etc. in several languages that is collaboratively
edited by volunteers from around the world since 1999. Young and old,
students and professors - even your neighbor could be a volunteer member.

If you agree, we will credit you for your work in the resulting
translation's references by stating that it was based on your work and is
used with your permission, and by mentioning the name of my project "Geek
Science" back to:
http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/

Thank you for your time and patience.
I look forward to your response next week.

---
Best wishes,
John Obri
Tirana, Albania
(GMT +1)
Translation for Education FAQ - http://goo.gl/q9Oq9

Re: Permission Request for 'Transformations XSL (XSLT...'

Michael Kay

Thank you for volunteering your efforts. You can find information about
the W3C translation process at

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/

which explains how you should ensure that your efforts are coordinated.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
(personal response)

On 15/03/2012 14:48, John Obri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've known you website for ages! And I found interesting your
> publication "Transformations XSL (XSLT)" which I googled on
> http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/ ! I'd love to use it in a project I'm
> involved with called "Geek Science", so I'm seeking your permission
> for translation to Macedonian language. "Geek Science" is a
> freemium-model non-English language orientated startup with collection
> of scientific articles, personal notes etc. in several languages that
> is collaboratively edited by volunteers from around the world since
> 1999. Young and old, students and professors - even your neighbor
> could be a volunteer member.
>
> If you agree, we will credit you for your work in the resulting
> translation's references by stating that it was based on your work and
> is used with your permission, and by mentioning the name of my project
> "Geek Science" back to:
> http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/
>
> Thank you for your time and patience.
> I look forward to your response next week.
>
> ---
> Best wishes,
> John Obri
> Tirana, Albania
> (GMT +1)
> Translation for Education FAQ - http://goo.gl/q9Oq9

Re: Permission Request for 'Transformations XSL (XSLT...'

Liam R. E. Quin
On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 14:48 +0000, John Obri wrote:
> I found interesting your
> publication "Transformations XSL (XSLT)" which I googled on
> http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/ ! I'd love to use it in a project I'm
> involved with called "Geek Science", so I'm seeking your permission for
> translation to Macedonian language.

First, this is the 1999 version of XSLT (XSLT 1.0); you might want XSLT
2 instead.

Second, this document was written in English; it has been translated to
French. The original is at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt - you should
translate the version that is on w3.org if possible. It is a lot of
work!

> http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xslt/
xmlfr.org is owned by Eric van der Vlist and is not affiliated with W3C.

Liam