Perl binding - updated

Rotan Hanrahan

With the Seoul meeting on the vocabulary and API only a few hours away,
I've placed the latest Perl version onto the site [1]. The purpose of
the Perl binding is to demonstrate the public use of the interface. The
implementation behind the interface is not intended to be elegant,
efficient or even an example of how to implement a DDR solution. It
merely adheres to the functionality and semantics of the Simple API as
currently understood.

This gives us a Java binding, a representation in IDL and a Perl
binding. I am hopeful of a WSDL binding in due course.

We used Java as a design 'lingua franca', so for now the JavaDoc will be
the main definition of the API, and will guide us over the next two days
as we draw close to a conclusion.

---Rotan.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/DDWG/drafts/api/Overview.html