PNG optimization guide

sally-21

Dear Friends,

We continue to discuss the latest news regarding the PNG format. Again, browsing the Internet I have found a useful article describing some techniques that may help everybody to optimize any PNG image. These techniques are the results of the hard work and study of how exactly the PNG encoder saves data. It describes how to minimize the file size by reducing some details, how to use fewer colors for optimization, etc.

If you would like to take a look at the whole article, please visit http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/25/png-optimization-guide-more-clever-techniques/

I’m sure this information is useful for everyone!

Regards,

Sally Catlett                      Astra Design Company

[hidden email]     http://www.astra-design.com