One before last page

Konstanty Pilecki
Hello,

I need, in my XSL-FO code (processed by renderX),  to have a special page model for the one before last page within a page sequence. The page sequence is forced to “end-on-even”, then the last but one page is always an odd page. I know how can I determine either first or last a page of the sequence, but how can I do it with this?

Regards,
Kostek

Re: One before last page

G. Ken Holman
At 2013-10-02 07:09 -0700, Konstanty Pilecki wrote:
>I need, in my XSL-FO code (processed by renderX),  to have a special page
>model for the one before last page within a page sequence. The page sequence
>is forced to “end-on-even”, then the last but one page is always an odd
>page. I know how can I determine either first or last a page of the
>sequence, but how can I do it with this?

I think you are out of luck using XSL 1.

Since the only related test available to you is
page-position="last", I can think of no way to
avoid matching on other tests for alternatives.

RenderX has extensions, as well as access to the
area tree after formatting is done.  Perhaps you
can find the second last page in the area tree
and massage its geometry as part of a post-process.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |