OWL-WG comment on CURIE

Sandro Hawke

This is a minimalist comment on your "CURIE Syntax 1.0" Candidate
Recommendation of 16 January [1].

The message is simply that the OWL Working Group has chosen [2] to use
its own IRI abbreviation mechanism (intended to be identical to the one
used in SPARQL), instead of using CURIEs.

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to produce for you a detailed
review, discussed and approved by the Working Group.  One member of the
group (Bijan Parsia) has agreed to convey in a separate message his
personal understanding of the issues, and we hope that will be helpful
and sufficient.

      -- Sandro Hawke (OWL-WG Staff Contact), on behalf of OWL WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-curie-20090116/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-03-25#resolution_3

Re: OWL-WG comment on CURIE

Shane McCarron
Thanks for this comment.  On a personal note, I would mention that as
far as I am concerned the SPARQL model for abbreviated IRI via the use
of PREFIX is compatible with the current CURIE specification.  If it is
not, I would be shocked, since it was our intent that it fit within the
model.

--
Shane P. McCarron                          Phone: +1 763 786-8160 x120
Managing Director                            Fax: +1 763 786-8180