Numeric keypad

Cay Horstmann
I am using Amaya 11.3.1 on Ubuntu Linux, and I have trouble with the
numeric keypad. (I am on the road with a travel keyboard that has itty
bitty cursor keys but a full-sized numeric keypad.)
When I turn NumLock off, all other applications work fine with the
cursor keys (KP_Left etc), but in Amaya, strange characters are
inserted. For example, hitting the left arrow yields a Ÿ (U+0178).

I didn't find any entry in amaya.keyboard that would make this happen,
and I don't see how I can add an entry that configures this key. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Cay

Re: Numeric keypad

Laurent Carcone-2
Hello Cay,

Indeed, Amaya doesn't manage the numeric keypad correctly when the
NumLock is off, and I fear there is no way to go round this problem with
the amaya.keyboard file.
I made a patch in the code to fix this problem, but as it is a tricky
part of the application I prefer to discuss it with other developers
before to commit it in cvs base.
It should be available in the next release.

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

Cay Horstmann wrote:

> I am using Amaya 11.3.1 on Ubuntu Linux, and I have trouble with the
> numeric keypad. (I am on the road with a travel keyboard that has itty
> bitty cursor keys but a full-sized numeric keypad.)
> When I turn NumLock off, all other applications work fine with the
> cursor keys (KP_Left etc), but in Amaya, strange characters are
> inserted. For example, hitting the left arrow yields a Ÿ (U+0178).
>
> I didn't find any entry in amaya.keyboard that would make this happen,
> and I don't see how I can add an entry that configures this key. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cay

Re: Numeric keypad

whoever
Afraid I can't answer your question, sorry.  I'm using win7 and a newbie and I'm totally baffled.  The numeric keypad doesn't work, such as 'end', 'delete', arrows, etc.  The normal keyboard keys work, but not the keypad which makes using this difficult.  Is this some config setting I'm missing? TIA

Re: Numeric keypad

OghamTheBold

Windows Amaya 11.4.4 still same problem. Productivity perspective - like losing an arm.

Ctrl-Home (not numeric keypad) did not work.

I'm new to Amaya - my first step was discovering features to gain 'maximum' productivity (e.g. templates - which unfortunately crashed first one I created).

The crash left an error in the document - so I was trying to 'quickly' fix it - which is why I needed to quickly edit the HTML - and without the numeric keypad I ground to a crawl.

Cay Horstmann wrote