Numbers in n3

marcos rebelo

Hy all

I was looking to cwm and it seems that we just have 2 types of
numbers: Integers and Doubles.

Is someone considering to create the decimals in a similar way to Sparql?

Thanks
Marcos

Re: Numbers in n3

Dan Connolly

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:22 +0000, marcos rebelo wrote:
> Hy all
>
> I was looking to cwm and it seems that we just have 2 types of
> numbers: Integers and Doubles.
>
> Is someone considering to create the decimals in a similar way to Sparql?

Yes...

"ACTION TimBL/Yosi. Change n3.n3 to include @true, @false, and separate
type for decimal, and make sure output format of those is right - must
preserve type. And make tests."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/plans.html

That action was accpeted 4 Jan, I can see from my local logs.
We didn't send out a record of that meeting, though.

Since then, lots of other things have taken priority, but it's still
on the radar. Our next meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, so there
may be more news then.

Meanwhile, patches are welcome, of course.

> Thanks
> Marcos
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Re: Numbers in n3

Dave Beckett-2

Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:22 +0000, marcos rebelo wrote:
>
>>Hy all
>>
>>I was looking to cwm and it seems that we just have 2 types of
>>numbers: Integers and Doubles.
>>
>>Is someone considering to create the decimals in a similar way to Sparql?
>
> Yes...

I've previously updated Turtle for this afte rthis earlier agreement.
You can use booleans, integers and decimals, see:
  http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/

> "ACTION TimBL/Yosi. Change n3.n3 to include @true, @false, and separate
> type for decimal, and make sure output format of those is right - must
> preserve type. And make tests."
>  -- http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/plans.html
>
> That action was accpeted 4 Jan, I can see from my local logs.
> We didn't send out a record of that meeting, though.
>
> Since then, lots of other things have taken priority, but it's still
> on the radar. Our next meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, so there
> may be more news then.
>
> Meanwhile, patches are welcome, of course.

No patches :) but I can offer Turtle tests for these cases in
  http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/tests/
tests 19, 21 and 22 test integers and decimal.
test 24 tests boolean.

Dave