No initial redraw

Steven Pemberton-3
I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I use
Amaya all the time.

Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a document
gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link, etc), the
display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in order to get
anything shown on the screen.

I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

Phil Hatton-2
No same thing happens for me with 32 bit Ubuntu
Phil
On 19/10/12 12:03, Steven Pemberton wrote:

> I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I
> use Amaya all the time.
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a
> document gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link,
> etc), the display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in
> order to get anything shown on the screen.
>
> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

Jeff Hunt-5
No, it doesn't work on Ubuntu 32 bit. Worse is that the style won't
show at all in a sub-window.
Amaya desperately needs a developer.

On 20/10/2012, Steven Pemberton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I use
> Amaya all the time.
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a document
>
> gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link, etc), the
> display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in order to get
> anything shown on the screen.
>
> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

HiddenId
Hi all,
I use Amaya with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "precise pangolin" 32 bit and gnome-shell instead of unity on a DELL vostro 1510 machine.
Each time I open a new document, and each time I choose to see "source" or whatever, I have a blank window instead having the content of the page. I have to click on horizontal and then vertical (or vice versa) to get the content wished.
I could cope with this trouble. But I imagine, it could make other people running away.
Antoine

De : Phil Hatton <[hidden email]>
À : [hidden email]
Envoyé le : Vendredi 19 octobre 2012 15h59
Objet : Re: No initial redraw

No same thing happens for me with 32 bit Ubuntu
Phil
On 19/10/12 12:03, Steven Pemberton wrote:

> I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I use Amaya all the time.
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a document gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link, etc), the display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in order to get anything shown on the screen.
>
> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

Jeff Hunt-5
Amaya is not being actively maintained at present and the libraries
are no longer compatible with the latest Ubuntus.

On 22/10/2012, HiddenId <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I use Amaya with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "precise pangolin" 32 bit and gnome-shell
> instead of unity on a DELL vostro 1510 machine.
> Each time I open a new document, and each time I choose to see "source" or
> whatever, I have a blank window instead having the content of the page. I
> have to click on horizontal and then vertical (or vice versa) to get the
> content wished.
> I could cope with this trouble. But I imagine, it could make other people
> running away.
> Antoine
>
> ________________________________
> De : Phil Hatton <[hidden email]>
> À : [hidden email]
> Envoyé le : Vendredi 19 octobre 2012 15h59
> Objet : Re: No initial redraw
>
> No same thing happens for me with 32 bit Ubuntu
> Phil
> On 19/10/12 12:03, Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I use
>> Amaya all the time.
>>
>> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a document
>> gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link, etc), the
>> display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in order to get
>> anything shown on the screen.
>>
>> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

Laurent Carcone
Hello Steven,

Thanks for using Amaya.
The problem is that both Inria and W3C stopped their involvement in
Amaya, and nobody is working on it anymore. I continue to make some
maintenance from time to time but I don't work on ubuntu and this issue
doesn't happen on debian. It looks like a problem with an event. Amaya
is using a quite old version of the wxWidgets library and updating to a
newer version represents a lot of work. I'll try to manage to run a
ubuntu machine for some time so that I can make some debug.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Laurent

Le 19/10/12 13:03, Steven Pemberton a écrit :

> I know that maintenance is low priority, but I'll report it anyway. I
> use Amaya all the time.
>
> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a
> document gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link,
> etc), the display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in
> order to get anything shown on the screen.
>
> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Steven Pemberton

Re: No initial redraw

Serge Torres
Hi,

> Le 19/10/12 13:03, Steven Pemberton a écrit :
>> Using Amaya 11.4.4 on Ubuntu 64 bit (12.04 and 12.10), whenever a
>> document gets loaded (start up, File>Open, double-clicking on a link,
>> etc), the display doesn't get drawn: I have to resize the window in
>> order to get anything shown on the screen.
>>
>> I *think* it works OK with 32 bit Ubuntu.

It does not either (Ubuntu 12-04).

Serge Torres

Re: No initial redraw

HiddenId
Hello Laurent, Steven, and all,
From my point of view, AMAYA is the only wysiwyg web tool available on ubuntu, producing really clean html code. I've tried other wysiwyg apps, they are great, but the HTML code is not as clean as AMAYA can deliver.
I would say that AMAYA needs no other improvement focusing only on "what AMAYA is able to deliver".
However, it seems obvious and clear that those "empty blank windows instead content" recurrent problems could block many users.
It needed times for me to understand that playing with horizontal / vertical mode in menu, or full screen mode, solved the problem each time it appears.
Then, Laurent, I would say that if somebody could fix this, then AMAYA will be considered as "one of  The" real wysiwyg web development tool.
As you say, is works on a debian, we may have a better chance to be helped by a nice fairy ? Maybe some w3c pixies will also have short time to contribute ?
Any way, thanks a lot Laurent, because this AMAYA is really a very good tool.

Plus I would also add this informations that fixed my first AMAYA windows problem:
When I installed AMAYA on my brand new 12.04 PRECISE PANGOLIN using gnome-shell instead UNITY, I had some troubles because AMAYA was in full screen mode only, and menu bar was not accessible. A post on french Ubuntu forum gives the solution (post http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=10759081#p10759081).
1/ uninstall AMAYA
2/ via synaptic, suppress "global-menu": means suppress the 3 packs appmenu-gtk   appmenu-gtk3   appmenu-qt
3/ install AMAYA
This returns to a normal launch of AMAYA with access to menu bar.

Antoine

De : Laurent Carcone <[hidden email]>
À : Steven Pemberton <[hidden email]>
Cc : [hidden email]