New glossaries added to W3C Glossary

Dominique Hazael-Massieux-2

Hi,

Four new glossaries (based on the 8 new recommendations that were
published today) have been added to the W3C Glossary today:
* XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model (XDM)
   http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath-datamodel/
  * XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
    http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xquery/
  * XSL Transformations (XSLT) 2.0
  http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xslt20/
  * XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0
  http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath20/

Dom

Re: New glossaries added to W3C Glossary

Dan Brickley-2

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Four new glossaries (based on the 8 new recommendations that were
> published today) have been added to the W3C Glossary today:
> * XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model (XDM)
>    http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath-datamodel/
>   * XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
>     http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xquery/
>   * XSL Transformations (XSLT) 2.0
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xslt20/
>   * XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/subglossary/xpath20/

Nice work Dom :)

Can you add a (more prominent) link back to the top of the Glossary site?

BTW is there still a SKOS version? How do you deal with the hypertext
fragments? And did you see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0036.html

Does http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/analysis still describe
the workings of the system reasonably well? The note in
http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/01/Glossary says
"""it's now using the SKOS Schema produced by the SWAD-EU activity as
much as possible, instead of the custom schema it was using until now."""

Now would probably be a good time to revisit any issues with SKOS that
you had... (apologies if I've missed a mail thread on that)

cheers,

Dan

Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 16:54 +0000, Dan Brickley a écrit :
> Can you add a (more prominent) link back to the top of the Glossary site?

Err... Doesn't the logo at the top of the page work? Anyway, I've added
a link "W3C Glossaries" under the <h1> of the results pages.

> BTW is there still a SKOS version?

Yes; the RDF files are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/data/glossaries/

>  How do you deal with the hypertext
> fragments?

Using rdf:parseType="Literal".

>  And did you see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0036.html

Nope, I hadn't; I'm not sure I'll have time to reply to that survey in
any reasonable time, but feel free to notice the relevant persons that
the W3C Glossary is relying on SKOS (or at least some version of it - I
haven't followed the possible recent evolutions of the vocabulary).

> Does http://www.w3.org/2003/03/glossary-project/analysis still describe
> the workings of the system reasonably well?

Yes, I think it does.

>  The note in
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/01/Glossary says
> """it's now using the SKOS Schema produced by the SWAD-EU activity as
> much as possible, instead of the custom schema it was using until now."""
>
> Now would probably be a good time to revisit any issues with SKOS that
> you had... (apologies if I've missed a mail thread on that)

I don't think that beyond the hypertext fragment thingy we noticed any
real problem with SKOS...

HTH,

Dom