New draft of Progress events spec

Charles McCathieNevile-2

Hi folks,

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html?rev=1.10 should have incorporated the substance of most changes I have said I would make. There is a bit of editorial scrubbing to be done (making references meet the W3C Manual of Style style, ...).

I have added a section and example on how to use this in a spec essentially aiming to follow Maciej's proposal, made the conformance section try to cover different types of things that could conform in different ways, and tried to make the structure clearer.

Comments welcome, as always.

Cheers

Chaals

  hablo español  -  je parle français  -  jeg lærer norsk
[hidden email]          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com

Re: New draft of Progress events spec

Anne van Kesteren-2

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:35:49 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html?rev=1.10
> should have incorporated the substance of most changes I have said I
> would make. There is a bit of editorial scrubbing to be done (making
> references meet the W3C Manual of Style style, ...).
>
> I have added a section and example on how to use this in a spec
> essentially aiming to follow Maciej's proposal, made the conformance
> section try to cover different types of things that could conform in
> different ways, and tried to make the structure clearer.

One example uses a progressComplete event which isn't specified...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>
<http://www.opera.com/>

Re: New draft of Progress events spec

Jean-Yves Bitterlich-2
Hi
Any reason why "TypeArg" is no more described for both initProgressEvent methods ?

Cheers,
Jean-Yves

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
Hi folks,

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/progress/Progress.html?rev=1.10 should have incorporated the substance of most changes I have said I would make. There is a bit of editorial scrubbing to be done (making references meet the W3C Manual of Style style, ...).

I have added a section and example on how to use this in a spec essentially aiming to follow Maciej's proposal, made the conformance section try to cover different types of things that could conform in different ways, and tried to make the structure clearer.

Comments welcome, as always.

Cheers

Chaals

--
Jean-Yves Bitterlich
Senior Staff Engineer
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Heimstetten, Germany
Mobile: +49-172-8187243
Phone: +49-89-46008-1097 (x61097)
Fax: +49-89-46008-2978 (x62978)
Email: [hidden email]
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 20803943
HypoVereinsbank München, Konto 31 625 009, BLZ 700 202 70

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:36:32 +0200, Jean-Yves Bitterlich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> Any reason why "TypeArg" is no more described for both initProgressEvent
> methods ?

A second-rate editor :)

This section probably needs some reworking anyway, in order to make it clear that it just inherits from initEvent (noted as an issue in the spec). Will be fixed as soon as I copy/paste correctly...

Cheers and thanks for picking this up.

Chaals